Hi everyone! I was tagged by Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts for the mystery blogger award (thank you!) Jenna is really lovely and her blog is GOALS so if you’re not already following her, get on that!
This tag was created by Okoto Enigma!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 20 people.
- Notify your nominees (ping-back system peeps).
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, specifically with one weird or funny question.
I can never remember what I’ve already told you and what I haven’t! So apologies if you’ve heard these before haha.
- I am a support worker for children and young adults with severe learning difficulties and mental health issues, and I am working towards becoming a fully fledged child counsellor.
- I recently became a bit of a gym addict! I joined the gym when my mental health hit a real low and I knew I needed to do something to get myself out of the rut. The effects of exercise on my mood are unbelievable and I can’t get enough! Losing weight and getting toned up are definite bonuses too.
- I am in the process of growing out my hair from a pixie cut. I get bored often and will grow my hair really long, dye it all kinds of colours and then cut it all off and start again! At the moment, I’ve managed to grow it to shoulder-length and I’ve noticed it’s starting to curl on its own which I am LOVING. I’m also currently sticking with my natural colour, though it’s been bleached a lot lighter by the recent sunshine.
What is the saddest book you’ve ever read?
I tend to be pretty good at avoiding books that I think will upset me so it was actually hard to come up with an answer to this one. I’d probably have to choose a modern classic like Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men or Kesey’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Both of those were heartbreaking.
If you could replace one character in any book with yourself, who would it be and why?
I’d want to be someone like Carrie in The Winter Sea, holed up in a cosy cottage in Scotland writing a novel based on memories of my ancestors while experiencing a blossoming new romance! I don’t ask for much haha.
What is your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
The one that immediately comes to mind is The Secret Life of Bees since I recently wrote a post about it! It’s one of the most faithful adaptations I’ve seen. I love the movie adaptations of the Harry Potter books and Lord of the Rings but they don’t stick as closely to the story and cut out a lot of detail. Otherwise, I don’t tend to watch many adaptations.
How photogenic is your pet (if you have one)? If you don’t, how colourful is your bookshelf?
I don’t have any pets! But my bookshelf is very colourful 😉
Sci-fi or fantasy?
I used to say fantasy all the way, but I’ve recently been reading more sci-fi and enjoying it! I think I’d still pick fantasy for the magic and the incredible world-building but I’m definitely coming to appreciate a good science fiction.
You’ve all probably done this tag before so feel free to ignore it if you have or if you just don’t fancy it!
If you decide to do this one, here are your questions…
- What is the first book you remember reading?
- What genre do you read most?
- Which country is currently top of your travel bucket list?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- What is your Hogwarts house?
Thanks for reading, lovelies! X